Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Green Pea Pesto with White Fish

I have recently started eating more varieties of fish. In the past I would simply have a tuna sandwich once or twice a week.  Now I enjoy kippers, sardines, tilapia, salmon, and cod.  Earlier this week we had white fish with Green Pea Pesto and I'm sure I could have easily overeaten!

Then the next day I put the Pesto on a ham and cheese sandwich instead of butter or mayonnaise.  It added some complexity to the sandwich that was a welcome change!

Here is the recipe that makes 2 cups:
1 cup frozen peas, steamed
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
ground pepper to taste
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

Add all but the oil into a blender and while blending,
stream the olive oil into the mixture.

(27 Kcals/1Tbsp)




No comments:

Post a Comment